Jennifer from Rowdy in First Grade is hosting a Linky Party. What have I learned from teaching? Over the past Ten Years...SO Much!
10. Education is always changing. I teach much differently than I did ten years ago.
9. I do not teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. I teach the "whole child."
8. Every year I think "I have seen it all." My students are always surprising me. Teaching leaves you on your toes.
7. I will always cry on the last day of school.
6. Primary Teachers have a special connection.
5. The team you teach with makes all the difference in the world. And I have the BEST!
4. Teachers do not have June, July, and August off. It is the time to take classes, workshops, and prepare for the year ahead. You should see our school on August 1st! I just LOVE the beginning of the year!
3. A note from a student saying "I love you" or "You're the Best" can lift your mood instantly.
2. Witnessing a student reaching out to help another student gives you the most rewarding feeling.
1. Classroom community is EVERYTHING!
I cannot imagine doing anything else. Teaching is not my job. It is my passion.
thankful for my kinder friends
4 hours ago