Monday, December 6, 2010

Elf Sort

I was inspired by the Gingerbread Sort at First Grade Parade and the Dasher Sort at First Grader at Last to create a sort for our vowel work this week.  Our focus this week is short e.  I want my students to be able to distinguish between the sounds of long e and short e, so I created this elf sort.  I will be turning them into cards and completing the sort whole group, but it can easily be used at a literacy station.  Parents, you can print this out and use it to reinforce our study.  Click on the elf for the words.  Click HERE for a recording sheet.

Happy Holidays!

10 comments:

Rachelle and Brian said...

So cute! :) I would love to use it!

-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Rachelle and Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachelle and Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

For some reason I am not able to open your document. It sounds like a wonderful resource. Would you mind sending it to me? andruss@live.com

Thank you!!!
Stephanie

Ms.M said...

I'd love to use this activity but I can't seem to open it either.

Ms. M
www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

Mrs. Kimbrell said...

Ditto to Stephanie and Ms.M! :)
mlkimbrell@auburnschools.org
:)
Meaghan

Langston's Learners said...

I think I fixed it. So sorry!!!! First time I published with Google Docs. I will check again this afternoon.

Ms.M said...

Got it! I've been trying to publish with Google Docs and haven't been able to. So I understand. Glad you got it up, it's very cute. Thanks again.

Erika Ferguson said...

Thanks Shannon! So cute!! I am having my students sort them this week!!
Thanks again:)

Jennifer Weiler said...

Yeah, I was able to open it! I am going to have my students sort them next week. Thanks! :)

Post a Comment