Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Where do Readers read?

Yesterday we did a lesson on where Readers read.  The mini-lesson comes from Kathy Collins book Growing Readers.  I began by sharing a favorite reading memory of mine.  I sketched and talked to the students about reading on the beach.  This is where I seem to fly through books.  Students visualized their favorite reading memory, then had the opportunity to sketch the memory.  After sketching were shared and discussed where readers read.  Here is the chart we completed together.
There are so many places that Readers read!  Tonight is a great night to cuddle up on the couch and read a book.  Here is a photo of the entire bulletin board.  I posted the sketches around the chart.

1 comments:

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Yay! I love Kathy Collins! Cute board! P.S. I started the Bubble Bubble lesson today and loved it!!!

Post a Comment