Friday, March 9, 2012

"I meant what I said. I said what I meant...

an elephant's faithful one-hundred percent." This quote is from Horton Hatches the Egg. This was a favorite of the students! As I said last week, I would post photos of the rest of our Seuss activities. We finished our Dr. Seuss book study on Monday and then we went to see The Lorax Tuesday night. I do wish everyone would have been able to attend.

Here are our Horton projects. Students had to write the meaning of "faithful." I found the activity at Finally in First.

Many students also used their "pen name" on their project. That lesson was a hit! 

Last Friday we worked with one of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories Bartholomew and the Oobleck. After reading the book we discussed the lesson that Dr. Seuss wanted to teach readers. The lesson is to apologize when we make a mistake. A student said that the lesson was to be "accountable." I was so proud! That stems from our  C.A.R.E.S. work. Click here to read more on that.
Anyway, we became scientists and made our own Oobleck.




We had a blast! We discussed solids and liquids and used our senses to describe the Oobleck. And I am sure every parent was thrilled that I sent a piece home wit the kids :).
Here is the recipe if you want to try it at home. I suggest cutting it in half. The recipe is what we used in class.

Here we are at the movies on Tuesday night. The movie was fantastic! We had read The Lorax over the past week.



I'll leave you with this...



UNLESS...

1 comments:

Kate Lynch said...

Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…Thanks for sharing

Post a Comment