Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Melting!

This time of year offers so many exciting science opportunities.  We have been doing a unit on the properties of matter.  We have used ice, water, and snow with the study.  I LOVE snow!  However, with snow comes snow days.  Due to snow days and delays we have had to rearrange our plans.  I have decided to cut out our 2-day It's Melting lesson.  This modified lesson come from Science NetLinks.    I had created recording sheets to go with the lesson.  I wanted to share them with you.  Parents, this is an activity you could do at home.  Teachers, I would love feedback on how the lesson worked in your classroom and anything I should change on the recording sheet. Happy Snow Days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting the link for Science Links. I'm in charge of making plans for science for 1st grade. I planned on doing Matter at this time because of all the snow and ice we're getting. The Science Link lessons will get me started.
http://sweetpnotes.blogspot.com/

Rachelle said...

This is SO great! Thank you!!!!!
-Rachelle
www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Post a Comment